Here, you can read all the updates on this site since October 25th 2003 and some of the ones from September and August 2003 - the site has been around since November 2nd 2002, but unfortunately most of the updates from the first year were never archived. Be advised that some links might take you to outdated sections or something else that has been taken off the site - I do not necessarily endorse the content of any such sections.
Hope you have all been enjoying Pokémon Legends: Arceus! Inspired by this grand, fresh take on the Pokémon series, I have written an ambitious sequel to my 2020 visual novel Sutoraiku High, known as Sutoraiku Legends. Like its inspiration, it features more action, noticeably inflated life-and-death stakes, and being isekaied to the Hisui region to calm the noble Kleavor.
The new Pokémon and forms added in Pokémon Legends: Arceus have now been added to the Favorite Pokémon Picker. They are listed as a separate "generation", turned off by default for returning users, and on top of that Pokémon that were not officially revealed prior to the game's release are marked as spoilers, which should make everyone safe from inadvertently seeing new Pokémon they didn't want to see. The Interactive Type Chart also now lists new type combinations from the game as existing.
As always, let me know if there are any bugs or inconsistencies with how the Pokémon are classified or other strangeness!
Additionally, I have updated a couple of questions on the Steel Quiz that hadn't been updated for Gen VIII yet, after someone reported it. When I get the chance I should go over the other quizzes for outdatedness too, but right now I have other stuff to get to, so this'll do for now.
What a year, huh? All sense of time has become muddled in this pandemic. I hope you all and your loved ones are safe and comfortable and things will look up in the new year.
I also have an actual update for you: my 2012 fanfic short story Butterfree has finally been updated with extensive revisions, after I've been kicking around changes to it for more than a year. It's still basically the same story, and you will recognize a lot of it if you read it before, but it's been fleshed out considerably, and the ending in particular is a bit different in tone.
It's also, of course, time for my traditional New Year's Thanks. Have these gotten redundant over the years as the important people in my life tend to be largely the same from year to year? Is it maybe even a little weird when I don't use the site updates as pretty much a personal blog the way I did back in 2004? A little, but shush, it's tradition you guys.
For 2021, I would like to thank...
- elyvorg, for endless Skype chats, giving the Thousand Roads community a chance, continuing commentary on fiction, and Foregone Conclusion, which may be eleven years old but I still love it just as much.
- Jackie and Chibi, who I will meet this year if it's the last thing I do, for all the great times, talks, voice chats, roleplaying, and friendship in general.
- Cupcakedex, who's been through so much this year and come out on the other side still making adorable Pokémon food creations and hosting streams I wish I could watch more often.
- Negrek, for good talks, excellent goofy RP interactions, continuing to make Thousand Roads a lovely fanfic community, and writing Salvage.
- Everyone who helped test game mechanics with me this year.
- Telecod, for being lovely and interesting and all in all an essential part of my day.
- My patrons, for enduring support through a strange time. (I remind you all who have pledged to a request tier to message me your requests if you want them!)
- Namohysip, for hosting the Blacklight Eternal RP, and everyone who played it, for some of the most fun I've had.
- My husband Shadey, whom I have adored for fifteen years now and only love more as time goes by.
- My cool parents, who've both had pretty cool accomplishments this year even if they should remain anonymous. Proud of you.
- Our cat Birta, who recently had to endure weeks in a cone of shame.
- Everyone who still regularly visits this website, now in the age of nobody regularly visiting websites anymore. I will be doing this forever but it's always nice when somebody's there to witness it.
Here's to 2022, when this website will turn twenty years old! Hope to be able to do more updates this year.
Page last modified February 21 2018 at 19:36 GMT