- Kadabra, Tauros and Sunflora all incorrectly get a Heavy Ball bonus of +40 in Crystal (but not in G/S), because the game fetches their weights from the wrong ROM bank and ends up with junk data that it interprets as a massive weight.
- Level Balls skip the entire HP and status part of the calculation and make the final capture rate just the intrinsic capture rate with the appropriate level multiplier. This means that Level Balls are actually one of the best balls in the game even if your Pokémon isn't higher-leveled than the opponent - effectively they always act as if you've lowered the Pokémon down to zero HP. While all other balls cap out at a 1/3 chance of catching a Pokémon at full health, Level Balls are guaranteed to catch a 255-catch-rate Pokémon at full health - again, even if your Pokémon is lower-leveled. This is not a glitch - by all appearances it's intended behaviour! The game specifically checks if you're using a Level Ball and then if so skips most of the calculation. (However, this is not the case in HG/SS.)
The Level Ball thing kind of just blew my mind. Please do play around with the updated Gen II calculator.
I've fixed a bug on the location data pages where setting conditions would recalculate the average experience and effort points incorrectly - each successive table would retain the numbers from the previous table on the page and add to them, giving bizarre results. Thanks to the person who reported this!
I'm going to do some Favorite Pokémon Picker work in the near future to allow more granular options when it comes to forms; look forward to that whenever I manage to get around to it.
2020 is finally at an end! It's been a rough year for most everyone on one level or another, but here's to a better 2021. It'd take a lot for it not to be, right?
This year, I would like to extend my traditional thanks to...
- Jackie and Chibi, for the chats, RP, motivation, affection, and great times. You're incredibly special to me. Love you.
- elyvorg, one of my very best friends, who is lovely and deserves everything and I cannot wait to read more of her thoughts on fiction.
- Negrek, for the Thousand Roads community, great talks, Nate, and generally being cool.
- Cupcakedex, for the new Pokémon Fan Test, encouraging me to be on the Lass Podcast, the delightful Pokémon cooking livestreams, and being a lovely friend.
- Namohysip and everyone playing Blacklight, which has been such a great time and continues to be.
- Everyone in Telecod, for the chats, streams, movies and more.
- My Patreon patrons, for the support.
- My parents, for being cool parents.
- Shadey, my husband, who I am just as in love with today as fourteen years ago.
- Birta, the softest cat.
- Everyone who played my Forum Revival TV Tropes Mafia Revival, which was a blast to watch (and opal for assisting with it).
- Everyone who played and commented on the full version of Sutoraiku High.
- Everyone who actually read my R/B/Y RNG mechanics article it's really cool you guys I promise
Fingers crossed for the year 2021. Love you all!
The Almighty Random Poll
Pokémon Go, the augmented-reality mobile game where you look for Pokémon in the real world, has taken the world by storm - but are you playing it?
The Site Poll
Let's do this again. Given these are things I want to do, which of them should I do first?
Page last modified November 2 2020 at 20:58 GMT