And the year that The Cave of Dragonflies turns ten years old is here.
I've added that example about the new genetics theory to the fan theory guide, as promised. It rambles a bit about how I came to those particular conclusions about the theory, so if you find that interesting you might want to check it out even if you don't plan on making your own fan theories.
Now for that yearly tradition, the New Year's Thanks. For 2011, I would like to thank the following people:
- Dannichu, for hosting our Week of Centrifuges and TARDISes last May. I had an unbelievably wonderful time and can't wait to have more extended stays with you (if you'll have me, of course).
- opaltiger, for Roger Waters, housing me those other few days in May, watching ReGenesis, helping organize TV Tropes Mafia, laughing at my horrible Mario Kart playing, and all those TMI conversations. :D
- elyvorg, for writing the most wonderfully heartbreaking fanfic in the universe, Tefiren, reviewing Morphic, squeeing over fictional characters' fear and suffering with me, listening to my rambles about Dave, housing me in October, watching things, and being generally wonderful.
- Espeon, for conspiring with me to make an April Fools' joke. It was wonderful and hilarious. Also being at the Expo!
- Everyone else who was part of 2011's epic Expotimes, because it wouldn't have been the same without all of you. :D
- Psychic, because I love you no matter how long it takes you to judge contests, Sickie-Snookums. :3
- Shadey, for being the softest cuddliest most wonderfullest f***ing scientist.
- Kratos Aurion, for unwittingly being the reason Shadey and I now routinely call one another 'f***ing scientist'. Somehow. I'm sure you're very proud. Also for agreeing to be a sibling site.
- Everyone who played TV Tropes Mafia and didn't stop sending in night actions, because I had so much fun with that. I really need to get around to reviving it.
- My dad, for continuing to be an all-around cool guy that I can talk to about computers and genetics and evolution.
- Penn & Teller, because I just love them, damn it.
Happy new year, everyone. Hope you all had a good 2011.
Rude, offensive or otherwise inappropriate messages, including drama, controversy or other topics that might make others uncomfortable, will be deleted on sight. Repeat troublemakers will be banned altogether. Please keep any websites entered into the website field reasonably family-friendly. You can use BBCode (forum code) to format your messages.
My own messages will be signed as Butterfree, with the Admin label below my name. If someone signs as Butterfree without that label, it's probably not me.
As in what is a Week of Centrifuges and TARDISes, or what is a TARDIS? Assuming the former, since you seem to at least know it has to do with Doctor Who, basically I stayed at Dannichu's place for a week, where she showed me (most of) series 1-4 of the new Doctor Who, and I showed her ReGenesis (possibly my favorite TV show ever, which contains biological lab work montages that often prominently feature centrifuges). The centrifuges became something of an inside joke (we'd go YAAAAY CENTRIFUGE whenever one appeared), and on one of my last days there she drew me an absolutely wonderful picture of a Pikachu, a Butterfree, a TARDIS and a centrifuge, captioned "Dannichu + Butterfree's Week of Centrifuges and TARDISes".
So, in short, I'm afraid it was kind of a one-time thing. You should totally nab the concept and host a similar thing with your friends, though. Especially if you include the ReGenesis half.
Commenting on: 01-01-12
Quote: .."Week of Centerfuges and TARDISes."
What is this thing and how can I be involved? *wants to be involved with Doctor Who stuff*
Commenting on: 01-01-12
'Penn & Teller, because I just love them, damn it.'
Oh Butterfree. Also, I'd like to thanks you. You're awesome, and this site keeps me going.
I am proud. Very proud. More than you know.
TVTropes Mafia come baaaack ;-;
Happy almost ten years, anyway.
Just testing to see if I made some idiotic oversight in the comment system.
Page last modified April 17 2018 at 22:56 GMT