Aaaaaand it's one million front page hits! :3 Thanks, everybody, and sorry about the recent server problems which I'm sure you've found every bit as annoying as I have.
Don't forget to look at the new splash page, which I personally think is one of the best in the history of the site (or maybe that's just me). Drinks on the house. :D What's even more fun is having watched the hit log file, which shows the progression in the time it takes to reach each 10,000 hit milestone since 900,000 (since that's when I started logging them). It shows the following, at least if I'm doing the subtractions correctly:
- 6 days, 22 hours, 31 minutes and 6 seconds from 910,000 to 920,000
- 4 days, 10 hours, 48 minutes and 58 seconds from 920,000 to 930,000
- 5 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes and 46 seconds from 930,000 to 940,000
- 5 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes and 16 seconds from 940,000 to 950,000
- 4 days, 23 hours, 25 minutes and 31 seconds from 950,000 to 960,000
- 6 days, 11 hours, 11 minutes and 23 seconds from 960,000 to 970,000
- 4 days, 13 hours, 42 minutes and 55 seconds from 970,000 to 980,000
- 3 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes and 19 seconds from 980,000 to 990,000
- 2 days, 6 hours, 53 minutes and 11 seconds from 990,000 to 1,000,000
Now, I think it is perfectly reasonable to assume that those are definitely the fastest 10,000 front page hits in the history of The Cave of Dragonflies. That's nearly 5000 hits per day in those two days since 990,000. Neeeeat.
Wow, that number looks so big. :3 *admires it* Thank you all.
...and um, there are no actual updates. I've been working on the HTML guide, though. :D;; And I've been updating the Sprite Generator and List Generator with some new English Pokémon names as chronicled at The Cave of Speculative Theories. Which will admittedly probably need some more updating soon.
...Hmm. I made a new Almighty Random Poll, too.
UPDATE EDIT: ...Okay, I remembered this one error report about how switching styles on the front page has recently been incrementing the hit counter by two, so I randomly went and fixed that by pretty much entirely changing how the style switcher works. Or well, not the code behind it, but now the actual style switcher is a "page" on its own that redirects you back to the page you came from after switching the styles. Reduces the load on the top file I include on every page; it contains four enormous arrays now (the Zodiac Pokémon, the default style for each Reign of the Zodiac, the Featured Section and recently the affiliates) and this has made it one huuuuge file.
No comments on this update as of yet. Post one?
Page last modified February 21 2018 at 20:11 GMT