I've been a bit behind on putting my fanfiction up here for a while, often owing to wanting to make revisions that I then never get around to making. I'm resolving to actually get some of that done in the coming days; to start with, here's a set of three Morphic shorts written for a bingo event.
The Favorite Pokémon Picker now has more granular settings for Pokémon forms. You can now separately include regional variants, other alternate forms, Mega Evolutions, Gigantamax forms, other battle transformations, aesthetic variants, and gender differences, as well as being able to choose only to include "major" differences like before. There are some subtleties and quirks to this, because there isn't really one clear classification of forms, but this is a best effort at something that'd make sense and cover most cases for this common request.
Let me know if I've accidentally misclassified some forms, etc.; I'm pretty tired and did this all manually.
With some more testing work (and the help of several friends), I've been able to confirm a few things about capturing in Gen VIII raids, and have updated the Gen VIII capture calculator accordingly. The main big conclusions for now are:
- This was already the common wisdom as I understand it, but we've confirmed that status does not apply to raid captures - the status has been healed by the time the capture is performed.
- Quick Balls never get their bonus in raid captures (which is to say, they are equivalent to Poké Balls). The turn counter ticks up before you can attempt the capture, so that even if you beat the raid in one turn, it counts as turn 2 by the time you actually throw the ball.
- Conversely, this means Timer Balls do always get a bonus, equal to 1 + (1229/4096 * turns it took to beat the raid).
- Raids do not count as "mystery terrain", and thus the grass modifier is not active.
- The difficulty modifier corresponding to catch difficulty 4 in event raid data is in all likelihood 0.5, or else 0.6.
There are still more tests to be done, and I would really like to be able to extract those multipliers from the game itself, but this is some good progress.
The Almighty Random Poll
Pokémon Go, the augmented-reality mobile game where you look for Pokémon in the real world, has taken the world by storm - but are you playing it?
The Site Poll
Let's do this again. Given these are things I want to do, which of them should I do first?
Page last modified November 2 2020 at 20:58 GMT