01/01/18: Happy New Year
Happy 2018, everyone! 2017 was a bit of a rough year, but let's all do our best to make this one better.
A couple of actual updates, alongside some minor typo-corrections: first, I managed to forget about updating the code that deals with stat changes between games in the catch rate calculators when I updated the Pokémon data with US/UM, so that's now fixed and the changed Ultra Beast catch rates between Sun and Moon and US/UM now work correctly. Secondly, the evolution list has been updated to reflect how Pokémon that evolve in the presence of a strong magnetic field can do so at Blush Mountain in US/UM.
And then, of course, I'd just like to make my annual new year's thanks, as usual. For 2017, I would like to thank...
- Shadey, who is the exact perfect temperature to be warming my feet right now simply by existing.
- The TelecoD&D crew, who are all lovely and have made this game excellent so far. I can't wait for more.
- Negrek, for visiting, Groundhog Day, Montreal, Salvage and associated extras, a lot of fanfic reviews, an excellent mafia game, and a lot of great conversations.
- Psychic and Teagan, for hosting us in Montreal, being lovely and supportive, and a lot of excellent Pokémon baked goods.
- elyvorg, for also hosting me, the Expo, visiting yet again, the week of Digimon, Final Fantasy XV, some lovely art, and generally being excellent.
- Dannichu, for hosting me, Pride, waffles at the steampunk café, and a lovely time at the Expo.
- Murkrow, for finally managing to meet up with us at the Expo and some good talks.
- Chibi Pika, for The Legendarian Chronicles, tearing my heart out, hilarious ficiversary art and more, some good conversations, and generally being an awesome human being.
- opaltiger, for being generally great and supportive, mutual beta-reading, Steven Universe discussion, and other good talks.
- Zhorken, for continuing to rip game stuff for me where my expertise ends.
- Umbramatic, for talks, support, gifts, silliness, and just being a friend.
- Espeon, for talks and all the great drawing suggestions that I still haven't done and need to.
- Isaac, for some great conversations on Facebook.
- The Telecodders, for great chats all year long.
- My parents, for being good people that I love having in my life, something I only get more grateful for as I get older.
- Habitica, for still being what keeps me making steady progress on all the far too many things I try to juggle in my life.
- Tim Minchin and Danny Rubin, for Groundhog Day the musical, which is so good I wrote 8000 words about it on my Tumblr and went to New York to see it.
- Everyone still reading TQftL, for holding on for so long. The end is near!
- TCoD visitors, especially those who've sent me error reports, Favorite Pokémon Picker suggestions, and other comments.
- Lukka, who was the best dog in the world.
Hope you all have a good 2018.
The Almighty Random Poll
Pokémon Go, the augmented-reality mobile game where you look for Pokémon in the real world, has taken the world by storm - but are you playing it?
The Site Poll
Let's do this again. Given these are things I want to do, which of them should I do first?
Page last modified January 1 2018 at 16:17 GMT