Here, you can read all the updates on this site since October 25th 2003 and some of the ones from September and August 2003 - the site has been around since November 2nd 2002, but unfortunately most of the updates from the first year were never archived. Be advised that some links might take you to outdated sections or something else that has been taken off the site - I do not necessarily endorse the content of any such sections.
The Day of the Backpacker in the Reign of Lana, Season of Akala Island: Alolan Zodiac!
The new Zodiac is finally up! The Alola region is a little different in a number of ways, so it felt appropriate to make the Alolan Zodiac a little different, too: instead of a Pokémon zodiac, it's a human zodiac, featuring the trainers of the Alola region! I hope you enjoy the new zodiac and backstory, and of course, as always, you can generate an image representing your birthday and show it off around the internet.
02/20/17: Pokémon Go Updates
The Gen VII Zodiac is in progress; I've been a little busy with other things lately, but it's coming along okay and should be up in the reasonably near future.
01/25/17: Minor picker stuff
Yet more Favorite Pokémon Picker: Ash-Greninja is now included in forms mode; I've fixed an, ahem, bug where Bug-type Arceus was incorrectly considered a "major" form, which it obviously shouldn't have been; and East Shellos and Gastrodon used to show the West form's sprites ever since the Gen VII update, which has now been fixed. If you're playing in "Major only" forms mode, the picker should automatically remove Bug Arceus from wherever it might appear in your state when it loads your state, and the Ash-Greninja addition will give you the usual dialog asking to either add it as not yet eliminated or reset your state. As always, let me know if there are any further issues that I haven't noticed.
01/13/17: More picker updates
Since I added forms mode to the Favorite Pokémon Picker, several people have asked me for a mode where you can choose between something like a Pokémon and its mega without having to also choose between all the forms of Arceus and Unown. Your dream has now come true with the "Major only" forms mode, which includes only those forms and gender differences that I deemed significant. Unfortunately these choices are pretty arbitrary, but I think it should work well enough for most people's purposes.
I also reduced the amount of text on the page and moved the options into a tab next to Found Favorites, which I hope makes the page a bit less cluttered overall; by all means tell me your thoughts on this change.
01/01/17: Happy 2017
It's finally 2017. It is widely agreed that 2016 was a bit lousy in the grand scheme of things, but hopefully we can make this one better.
On a purely personal level, though, I had a pretty good 2016, and I have some people to thank for that, as usual:
- Shadey, the softest loveliest.
- Negrek, for inviting me back, seeing Hamilton and Flight of the Conchords with me, reviewing every chapter of TQftL posted this year, the continually-excellent Salvage, some really fun drawing suggestions, Intro to Science 101, cheering me up with surprise Salvage extras, poking me about the Dave ramble, and generally cheering on my writing (and drawing) efforts. You are pretty great friend and pretty much made my year on several levels.
- elyvorg, for continuing to be wonderful, hosting me and visiting us, the Week of Manliness, Uncharted, all the long, long Skype chats, Oh! One True Destined Partner, Sir Ressentiment, and Pokémon Go trips.
- Dannichu for hosting me yet again, playing AAI2 with me, Happy Valley, Bake-Off, the Expo, and increasing the concentration of lesbians and the ocean on my Tumblr dashboard by about 2000%.
- surskitty, for generously hosting us, coming along to Flight of the Conchords, finally showing me Spirited Away, Pokémon movies, Saint Young Men, Katamari, and coming to visit.
- Zhorken, for visiting with surskitty, providing me with sprites and data that I don't have the know-how to rip, and generally being pretty awesome.
- Psychic for meeting up again (and the entire fanfic meetup crew, for that matter, especially Act and Michael for hosting), drawing suggestions and commenting helpfully on them, and being generally supportive and great.
- opaltiger, for being a great, supportive friend, all the talks ranging from silly to very serious, and keeping Truth going.
- Espeon, for the most glorious drawing suggestions, chats, and general encouragement. I hope you can finally come to the Expo in 2017!
- Umbramatic, for lots of silliness, talks, making some pretty glorious fanwork of my stuff which still amazes me, Bear No Fruit, Liberating Glamour, and other pretty adorable fanfics.
- Chibi Pika, for sharing my fifteenth ficiversary, Palkia Positivity, soldiering on with The Legendarian Chronicles and picking up the pace, and inspiring me to continue drawing with their art.
- ultraviolet and Music Dragon, for starting Telecod, and all the Telecod regulars. I can't overstate how delighted I am at its success and how it's kept the flame of the forum community alive.
- My parents, for everything.
- Game Freak, for twenty years of Pokémon, and for Sun and Moon, which were pretty excellent and more or less exactly what I wanted from the next main series Pokémon games.
- Niantic, for Pokémon Go, which for all its flaws still delights me.
- Habitica, for continuing to keep me motivated.
- Kattholt, the shelter where we got our cat.
- Everyone who made drawing suggestions to my artblog; so many of them have delighted me, challenged me and generally helped me.
- TCoD visitors, for still being here after all these years.
Either way, thanks for being with me for this past year, and I hope you all have a great 2017.
Page last modified October 10 2016 at 22:21 GMT