07/11/08 Ugh, this needs an update.
Sorry I got lazy.
Okay, you probably know everything that's happened already, but to recap:
- The real Sky Forme Shaymin looks like this, is a Grass/Flying type and has the Serene Grace ability. I think this artwork looks kind of odd, but I've seen other pictures that looked adorable. Unlike some, I wasn't personally that fond of the fake Shaymin, and as I said, this one can be cute, so I'm not complaining.
- As a matter of fact, it was first seen in this CoroCoro scan. It also contains various other interesting things such as the box art (pretty neat-looking, if you ask me), an ominous picture of Mt. Coronet with a cloud of shadow above it, new and warmer clothes for the protagonists (although Dawn can clearly still wear a miniskirt despite the supposed climate changes in Sinnoh), a screenshot of you walking sideways in the rather messed-up "Torn World", the place that Giratina comes from (and the only place where it can be used in its Origin Forme), two mysterious new characters on top of a screenshot of Eterna City (the one on the left is apparently a member of Team Galactic while the other one is a police officer), another screenshot of you walking into a castle of some sort, and stuff about how Shaymin automatically turns into its Sky Forme when traded to Platinum.
- This scan is just cool. And has a screenshot of Dialga and Palkia at Spear Pillar, etc.
- This scan shows one of those Sky Forme Shaymin being cute pictures (along with a bunch of Butterfree, yay), a couple of screenshots showing new sprites of both the Origin Forme and Another Forme of Giratina as well as what appear to be new sprites of Bidoof and the Land Forme Shaymin.
- This scan shows the new Battle Frontier located in the Fight Area of Battle Zone, a new Poffin-making feature (according to Serebii, anyway) having to do with Swalot, the new Global Trade Center, a Giratina figurine and some other locations we don't recognize (possibly part of the new Battle Frontier).
- Platinum will be released in Japan on September 13th.
- There is more Wi-Fi stuff, and Poffin-making can apparently be done over Wi-Fi (according to Serebii again).
- Giratina's Origin Forme does have the Levitate ability.
Yeah. Hopefully I'll update sooner next time.
(Comments are closed.)
I was wondering when this wouldet an update! Unfortunly, I read this on Serebii yesterday. But, I didn't get to see those cool scans!
Also, there's apparently an item that allows you to change your Shaymin form instantaneously. Says so here: http://www.serebii.net/platinum/shaymin.shtml
Anonymous TCoD Fan
This is the first time I've actually seen the scans, so that's cool. Does anyone know what it means in the first scan where there's a picture of the Poliwag family with Croagunk hiding behind the bushes? I hope it means either a reshuffle of the Sinnoh Dex (I don't like the Sinnoh dex at all), or maybe a National Dex or something. I know one thing though - I love Poliwag! hehe
So... How come there's already been shown to be two different Origin Giratina sprites for only one game? I assume that the alternate sprites for Bidoof and the normal Shaymin/Giratina mean that this game's going to have a different set of sprites at least for the Sinnoh Pokémon (though I can't help hoping every Pokémon gets a new sprite), but Giratina's Origin Forme is only in this game, so...
Unless the two sprites we've seen are different animation frames, and one of the screenshots was taken part-way through the animation?
In the screenshot in the Valley Windworks, that purple-haired guy is standing next to Mars. Also, I hope we get the National Dex ate the start of the game. 'Twould be awesome. :D
You keep saying "And This Sacn" too much, it gets very anoying after a few lines...
ooh, I finally get to see some more scans (I really enjoy them for some reason). And I do believe I see a Mudkip of some sort in the battle frontier picture, yes I do. =D
at other anonymous person - I've heard rumors that national dex and pal park will be unlocked from the begining of the game, but it's obviously unconfirmed.
I hate the fact that we might only be able to Sky Form the Movie Shaymin. That was YOUR screwup, Nintendo, don't punish US for it. Stinking Glacidia Flower. *Gets his legal files ready*
You do realize that Shaymin is obtained from a Toys R Us event right? so, since Darkrai came with an item, maybe we will get the thing that turns Shaymin into its sky form(it certainly isn't called 'glacidia flower',that is just a Jp translation of it)
Luxray Village HQ (Website)
I think Shaymin is really cute :D
You kinda don't get what I was saying... but anyway... As it turns out, it seems the HP bars are all black, as opposed to this being Torn-World or Giratina only. Kind of a minor detail, but worth noting. Weren't there some other screenshots with "normal" HP bars? I forget...
Shaymin Sky Forme looks really cute. But why do they misspell "form" in the Pokemon Games?
They don't, that is how Forme is spelled when used in the Pokemon Games, I think thats in reference to how Europeans probably spell Form
I love the real Shaymin Sky Forme, but the fake isn't without its charm